Winter Is Coming
As Mike goes through his annual water meter inspections, replacements and upgrades, he is noticing a lot of folks who are not adequately prepared for winter and its cold temperatures. To avoid your water lines freezing and keep your home as winter-proof as possible, please ensure the following:
- Check your heat tape is correctly installed, plugged in and WORKING.
- Make sure your skirting is buttoned up as tightly as possible, to insulate the underside of the home and save money as well as limit water freezing issues.
- Try to run a faucet in every part of the home for a short while regularly – still water has by far the biggest chance of freezing over.
- Disconnect and drain out your outside faucet (“hose bib”) – these are notorious for being left unattended and bursting.
Good luck this Winter! Liability issues prevent us from being as helpful as we’d sometimes like to be, but if there’s anything we can do please get in touch.
Recipe of the Month
Easy Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 15.25-oz. can corn, undrained
- 1 10-oz. can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 8-oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Place chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, then pour out the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel tomatoes, and black beans on top of chicken.
- Top with seasonings and ranch dressing mix. Stir together.
- Place cream cheese block on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After the cooking time is over, take chicken breasts from crock pot and shred and add back to the chili. Stir together and enjoy
PREP TIME 10 MIN | COOK TIME 6 HRS | SERVINGS 4